Friday, January 23, 2009

Curtains Down!!


Today is my last day at my current employer and the more i think about it, the more im feeling nostalgic. I mean i dont think im gonna miss the people,cuz i think i will stay in touch with the ones who i cared or who cared for me, but im gonna miss a few other things about this company. Like im gonna miss going on breaks, miss the work culture(so laid back but yet so effective), miss the authority that I had gained over these years, the kick in the heel . I guess thats the way it happens in this world.

Here is the goodbye note that i had sent.

Ladies and Gentlemen,I would like to take a moment of ur time and would like you to know that today is my last day here @ Genpact. Its hard to take certain decisions in life and I feel this is the most difficult of them. After spending close to 4 years with Genpact, I have decided to move on and pursue my career outside Genpact. Even though I will miss my colleagues and the company, I am looking forward to this new challenge and to starting a new phase of my career.
First things in life are always special. Right from first step of a child to the first bike. From First girlfriend to first kiss ;) and this being my first job will always be very very special to me.It has been great fun working with you all.

This,ofcourse, wouldnt have been possible without the support of my team members and guidance of my seniors. In particular, I would like to thank Ramkumar for mentoring me and giving me enough chances to prove myself, Rajesh P for his never-ending,ever-inspiring stories,Heena Thukral for making sure that my feet were placed firmly on the ground,Divya Raman for always being there to share a good laugh with me, Dawn Vettraino for helping me realize that there is a cowboy in all of us and finally to all the people who support SABIC INNOVATIVE PLASTICS especially the folks who work in night shifts(Guys! always remember "STARS COME OUT IN THE NIGHT ONLY").

I would also like to thank the basketball team, GENPACT SAINTS, for giving me a platform to take all my frustrations out(You guys are the true Champions) and the cricket team (class of 2005 ;) ) for all the adventures(more off the ground than on it).

Its a small IT world and im sure our paths will cross.

Stay in touch!!

No comments: