Saturday, April 25, 2009
Friday, April 17, 2009
Friday, April 10, 2009
I’m sure all of you would have heard some kind of Sufi song in your life. Different people have different meaning and understanding of what Sufi songs are. To some they are the songs who talk about GOD and his love. To some its something which talks about GOD and love. To me its something which you can hear or sing for both GOD and your beloved. You can use the same lyrics to praise/please your GOD or your lover. To me that’s the magnum opus in writing.
For example: Lagi tumse man ki lagan or Sanson ki mala pe , simroon main pee ka naam or Teri Diwani….
I guess being an Indian and knowing both languages i.e. Hindi and Punjabi helps me a great deal when it comes to finding this connection.
But I was pleasantly surprised when it came to English songs. The so called ROCK Legends have done the same. Well atleast to me it fits the bill of Sufi Song :)
And the song in question here is “Nothing else matters” by Metallica. The name itself tells you a gr8 deal about the song and then the following lyrics.
Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
and nothing else matters
Friday, April 3, 2009
- They say "Health is Wealth"....so first and foremost my resolution will be to a) maintain my weight in double digits this year and b) to get back to a moderate 36 inch waist line...maybe by end of Q2-09 -->Still working on it, weight is back into double digits, have cut down on beer and have started playing bball on regular basis..so its good on the weight front
- To be a regular face @ the gym -->Health…well I might have missed working out in gym due to me getting back to work but I have made sure that im playing regularly…*pat on the back*
- To abstain myself from drinking BEER/RUMS/VODKA/AERIATED DRINKS...I guess that means i'll have to live on WHISKY and SCOTCH ;) --> Beer has replaced whisky...i guess its the heat..bt with rajesh being away i think april should go well on this front too...but you never know..IPL will b on ;)..March was worst of the 3 months..hmmm
- To "not-to" feast on any food buffets this year --> Just one food buffet this month *impressive huh*
- To try and be a vegetarian this year..-->3 WHOLE months as vegetarian…This was the toughest of them all..i really had to stop myself...its hard..bt i think this is turning out to be good for me...i think i have done the right thing by choosing Liquor between Liquor and non-veg
- To do a lil more travelling, take a week off every quarter and visit all the nearest place or hill stations or explore new places locally. --> Nothing on this front..life has been pretty boring...i blame it on not-having-car. I dont expect anything from April too.
- To file for immigration this year. --> Didnt do it..more excuses here
- To finally buy a book and start preparing for GMAT and IAS services(both extremes i know) --> Nothing here too...too busy i guess...
- To, inshah-allah, continue my travelling streak abroad --> Pray for me brother!!!
- To save some money and eventually bring my loan account down -->Thats the big thing for April..before i spend all my money on a car..i need to tc of this.
- To try and be the same energetic and enthusiastic person that i was coupla years back. --> Things are on track, im an affable face in office.
- To "not-to" forget birthdays this year and make sure that atleats a call/text is made/sent---> Missed one bday...even tho i remembered ...too busy to call i guess....emailed a cousin and have stayed in touch with other too.