Not once did i thought
"IS THIS MY CUP OF TEA ?!?!?"," DO I BELONG HERE?!?!?"
cuz Firstly, I'm not good at thinking and deciding...am more of "Lets See wat happens " kind of a person and secondly this wasnt any movie wherein i, the HERO, will have 10 options to choose from ....So without giving a second thought i caught the next train to Hyderabad.
Now this might sound caliched or some dialogue from any movie...God has always been kind to me and he always conveys his messages thru signals.....and looking back i guess this was one of those last warning types signal...
The Day i was supposed to JOIN my first job, i was told that my DOJ(Date of Joining) has been postponed by a week. I was still new to this S/W industry and wasnt sure if this was NORMAL or the prayers of all my FOES have been answered. Anywz this was a gud time for me to explore the city and being a person who likes travelling, i used to walk aimlessly, checking out the city bt primarily OBSERVING PPL, mostly from IT industry
Things which i noticed about these ppl were
1) They were too involved in their own lil world and were unfazed by wat was happening in the so called OUTSIDE-WORLD , even CRICKET Matches
2) They keep punching those keys in their cell phones ( I wonder doing wat )
Anywz finally,finally da day came when i gt a call from the HR and was asked to comeover and complete the joining formalities....
3 years and when i look back at my life, look back at those 3 GLORIOUS years as "S/W PROGRAMMER", i sometimes wonder is this a CURSE and i keep asking myself "Have i done something real bad to EARN this kinda life". I mean
- package looks gud (only in papers)
- u buy a nice lil apartment for urself (which is far from being a HOME)
- u come back home just to catch ur sleep
- plan to catch up with ur friend but some last moment issues cancels all ur plans
- you watch cricket/football/basketball at ur new plasma TV to get a REAL life feel bt you dont remember when was the last time you stepped onto the REAL FIELD
and some ppl like me who go all da way and stay in contact with their near ones(in my case my wife) through EMAILS.
Its nt that we IT programmers work in some NASA project or have to do rocket science but its just that this field sucks Blood outta ur lyfe...or shud i say sucks LIFE outta you. Leaves you with no time for urself and in this RAT RACE to earn more u kind of forget wats REAL YOU and WHY you came here..
Sometimes i wonder, what would be a life without MS OUTLOOK
PS: DID I SEE A SMILE ON UR FACE