Friday, December 31, 2010

2010- A look back

For last year's words belong to last year's language and next year's words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning
- T. S. Eliot


With less than 12 hours left in 2010 to end, I think it's a perfect time to look back at the year that it was in terms of the promises I made to myself. Lets see how i faired


Weight a minute - Ive accepted the fact that I will never get to double digits J . I’m trying to stay healthy as of now. You will read below as to what all steps have been taken on that front

• Baller - Been playing pretty well off late, Defended the Intra-Co title, learnt some new things, got some new shoes, some new jerseys J . Following NBA pretty closely, recently started writing about it too. So been a pretty gr8 year of Basketball for me.

• No more a spirited fellow – By the the time I finish this write up, I would have completed 50 days. 50 days without alcohol is a gr8 achievement. Atleast to me it is. I am just worried about the raising the BAR. I know im gonna go home and drink so im not sure if I would get back to this streak and beat my own record. 2011 looks like a dry year to me.

• Travelers’ Guide - Explored new places locally and Internationally. Have great experiences from both the place. Have some unfinished site seeing to do so might go back to Malaysia again. Leh/Ladakh is still pending on the list.

• $ - Need to pay off some mortgages, so I guess I will have to plan a long time work trip abroad. *Note to self*

• No Double doubles – Got into the MBA mode and wanted to get myself a double masters but then kinda fell off the track. I guess someone or something has to stoke the fire.

• Lighter Me – Paid some of the money for mortgage and feel good about it. Hope to get close in coming year.

• Shifting Circles – Life has been pretty good on social front. While I did made some new friends, I also moved myself away from the ‘Inner Circle’ for some. I guess that’s life.

No comments: