Friday, April 10, 2009

Sufi Rock

I’m sure all of you would have heard some kind of Sufi song in your life. Different people have different meaning and understanding of what Sufi songs are. To some they are the songs who talk about GOD and his love. To some its something which talks about GOD and love. To me its something which you can hear or sing for both GOD and your beloved. You can use the same lyrics to praise/please your GOD or your lover. To me that’s the magnum opus in writing.

For example: Lagi tumse man ki lagan or Sanson ki mala pe , simroon main pee ka naam or Teri Diwani….

I guess being an Indian and knowing both languages i.e. Hindi and Punjabi helps me a great deal when it comes to finding this connection.

But I was pleasantly surprised when it came to English songs. The so called ROCK Legends have done the same. Well atleast to me it fits the bill of Sufi Song :)

And the song in question here is “Nothing else matters” by Metallica. The name itself tells you a gr8 deal about the song and then the following lyrics.

Trust I seek and I find in you

Every day for us something new

Open mind for a different view

and nothing else matters

No comments: